United States District Court
Southern District of Florida
Judge Daniel T. K. Hurley
United States Courthouse
701 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, Florida
Updated on Thursday, December 5th, 2013, at 8:15 a.m. E.S.T.
The next trial will be conducted in January. The order of trials will be announced at the Dec. 19th calendar call.
Cases Awaiting Trial
Suggested start-up trial dates are advisory only. Due to settlements and other reasons, the Court reserves the right to call cases for trial earlier than the date listed and out of turn.
- U.S. v. Schaller, 13-80140.
- U.S. v. Ceballo, 12-80211.
- Wisekal v. Laboratory Corp. of America, 12-80806. On Monday, January 6th, 2014, beginning at 9:00 a.m., the court will conduct a three-hour hearing on the pending Daubert motions.
The calendar call for the January 2014 trial calendar will be conducted on Thursday, December 19th, at 8:30 a.m. in courtroom #5.
This Week's Calendar
- Monday - Wednesday: Jury trial, see above.
Practices and Procedures
- Secretary: Ms. Linda Lipps Rosi, (561) 803-3450
- Courtroom Deputy: Mr. James Caldwell, (561) 803-3452
- Court Reporter: (305) 523-5632, ("Real Time" may be available if prior arrangements are made.)
- Counsel may appear for some hearings by telephone after making prior arrangements with the courtroom deputy.
- All motions and stipulations must be accompanied by one proposed order (in PDF format) granting the motion. The order shall contain an up-to-date service list (names and addresses) of all attorneys in the case. All motions shall be e-filed or filed with the clerk's office. Motions mailed directly to chambers will not be treated as having been filed.
- On the first day of trial, each party must hand to the court reporter in the courtroom two copies of the exhibit list and witness list. All trial exhibits must be marked before trial.
- The court normally conducts voir dire but welcomes suggested and follow-up questions from counsel. These should be handed to the court prior to the commencement of voir dire.
Directions to the Courthouse
- Bluesky Greenland Environmental Solutions, LLC v. 21st Century Planet Fund, LLC 12-81234, order denying defendants' motion for summary judgment, 12/4/2013.
- Certain Interested Underwriters at Lloyd's, London v. AXA Equitable Life Ins. Co. 10-62061, order granting plaintiffs' motion for final summary judgment, 11/7/2013.
- ISocial Media, Inc. v. Bwin.Party Digital Entertainment PLC, 12-81278, opinion order granting defendant's motion to dismiss, 10/9/2013.
From I-95: Get off at Exit 70, "Okeechobee Blvd.," drive east and get into the far right-hand lane. Take the exit marked "Australian Avenue North." Continue on Australian Avenue North and get into the far right-hand lane. Turn right onto Banyan Blvd. -- you will see the NBC Channel 5 Building on the corner of Australian and Banyan. Continue on Banyan across the railroad tracks. The courthouse is in the next block on the right-hand (south) side. Parking is available on the left (north), across the street from the courthouse. Additional parking is available in the West Palm Beach parking garage immediately east of the courthouse.From Florida Turnpike: Get off at the "West Palm Beach - Okeechobee Blvd." exit. Go east into West Palm Beach, following the prior directions.From Palm Beach Int'l Airport: Exit the airport onto Australian Avenue. Turn left (north) onto Australian Avenue, cross Belvedere and continue on Australian until you reach the traffic lights at Banyan Blvd. (You will see the NBC Channel 5 building on the corner of Australian and Banyan.) Go right (east) on Banyan and continue, crossing the railroad tracks. The courthouse is in the next block on the right-hand (south) side of the street.
Courthouse Closure Policy
Federal courthouses in the Southern District of Florida follow the decision of the appropriate county school district on whether to close due to a weather emergency, e.g., if the Palm Beach County school district closes the schools for a weather emergency, the U.S. Courthouse in West Palm Beach will be closed for the same period of time.