United States District Court
Southern District of Florida
Judge Daniel T. K. Hurley
United States Courthouse
701 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, Florida
Updated on Monday, October 24th, 2016, at 8:20 a.m., E.D.T.
U.S. v. DeVera, 15-60286. Trial will commence on Monday, Oct. 31st at 9:00 a.m. in courtroom #5.
Cases Awaiting Trial
Suggested start-up trial dates are advisory only. Due to settlements and other reasons, the Court reserves the right to call cases for trial earlier than the date listed and out of turn.
- To be set at the November calendar call.
The calendar call for the November-December 2016 trial calendar will be held on Thursday, Oct. 27th at 8:30 a.m. in courtroom #5.
This Week's Calendar
- Monday - Thursday: Sentencings and hearings.
Practices and Procedures
- Courtroom Deputy: Ms. Melanie Guerrero, (561) 803-3452, Melanie_Guerrero@flsd.uscourts.gov
- Law Clerk: Ms. Theresa DiPaola.
- Law Clerk: Mr. Jarred Pinkston.
- Court Reporter: (305) 523-5632, ("Real Time" may be available if prior arrangements are made.)
- Counsel may appear for some hearings by telephone after making prior arrangements with the courtroom deputy.
- All motions and stipulations must be accompanied by one proposed order (in PDF format) granting the motion. All motions shall be e-filed or filed with the clerk's office. Motions mailed directly to chambers will not be treated as having been filed.
- On the first day of trial, each party must hand to the court reporter in the courtroom two copies of the exhibit list and witness list. All trial exhibits must be marked before trial.
- The court normally conducts voir dire but welcomes suggested and follow-up questions from counsel. These should be handed to the court prior to the commencement of voir dire.
Directions to the Courthouse
- Sunderland v. Bethesda Health, Inc., 13-80685, order granting defendants' motion for summary judgment, 2/3/2016.
- Adams v. Custer, 14-80403, order granting in part and denying in part defendants' motions for summary judgment, 1/12/2016.
- Freire v. Aldridge Connors, LLP, 13-62069, order denying defendant's motion to dismiss, 2/4/2014.
From I-95: Get off at Exit 70, "Okeechobee Blvd.," drive east and get into the far right-hand lane. Take the exit marked "Australian Avenue North." Continue on Australian Avenue North and get into the far right-hand lane. Turn right onto Banyan Blvd. -- you will see the NBC Channel 5 Building on the corner of Australian and Banyan. Continue on Banyan across the railroad tracks. The courthouse is in the next block on the right-hand (south) side. Parking is available on the left (north), across the street from the courthouse. Additional parking is available in the West Palm Beach parking garage immediately east of the courthouse.From Florida Turnpike: Get off at the "West Palm Beach - Okeechobee Blvd." exit. Go east into West Palm Beach, following the prior directions.From Palm Beach Int'l Airport: Exit the airport onto Australian Avenue. Turn left (north) onto Australian Avenue, cross Belvedere and continue on Australian until you reach the traffic lights at Banyan Blvd. (You will see the NBC Channel 5 building on the corner of Australian and Banyan.) Go right (east) on Banyan and continue, crossing the railroad tracks. The courthouse is in the next block on the right-hand (south) side of the street.
Courthouse Closure Policy
Federal courthouses in the Southern District of Florida follow the decision of the appropriate county school district on whether to close due to a weather emergency, e.g., if the Palm Beach County school district closes the schools for a weather emergency, the U.S. Courthouse in West Palm Beach will be closed for the same period of time.